Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oklahoma arrival

Today we arrived at our "new" home. It has been one exciting day. First off we started with an apartment the was next to the busy street when we were promised one that over looked the lake (which is really a small pond) WE thought oh well and walked in. How lucky we were to have found unidentifiable brown schmere on the door frame of the master bedroom and crusty old boogers on the walls. It was our dream come true! Brian went to the office and had us moved. They moved us to a building that overlooks the lake, sadly we are on the backside and can't see it. Oh well! Later on we went to the store to purchase cleaning items since I have a phobia of germs and not only didn't I trust their cleaning after our experience with the first apartment, we were sticking to the floor like it was an old movie theatre. As we walked into our apartment our friend the duck decided to try and follow us in, and when we close the door on him he stare through the window at us until we fed him. while we fed him he called to his buddies and we had a duck party at our backdoor. I went to the store once more because a strange odor lingers in our apartment and was too strong to igmore. As I left the complex I notice that there was an abortion clinic across the street from us and people were everywhere protesting. I also decided to visit the local Family dollar store to return a mop we had bought earlier and then decided against. I swear that one of the people in there had a gun and at any moment was going to whip it out and rob the store or hold us all hostage! Later Brian spent time cleaning our bathroom which ended up flooding not more then 5 minutes after his through cleaning. Wow so finally we decide to try to relax with a movie and...no cables to hook up the dvd player. But other than all that we feel right at home!

2 comments:

  1. Bleh! What an awful Oklahoma experience. You know, Houston really isn't that far away...Hope things get better soon. You only have to deal with it for a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on you'll be home soon, any way I hope you'll be home soon it is so lonley an emply here with out Alek. OK we miss you both too!

    ReplyDelete